We are happy to pass along savings to our growing customer base. The Viet Huong Oriental Market frequently provides specials and seasonal deals throughout weeks and months. We encourage you to check out our current specials by Following Us on Facebook. Thanks again for your patronage.
"from hong's table to yours"
Asian Chicken Wrap
1 lb ground chicken
1 TBS peanut oil
1/2 onion minced
1 cup red or green pepper diced
1 8 oz can water chestnut mined or rough chopped for texture
for the sauce
- 3 TBS soy sauce ((Knorr or ponsu types are my favorite dipping sauces)
- 1 TBS sesame oil (Kadoya)
- 1 TBS rice vinegar (Marukan)
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TSP sweet chili sauce (maeploy)
- 1/2 TSP minced garlic
- 1/4 TSP minced ginger or ginger paste
- Whisk together sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Heat 2 TBS peanut oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add ground chicken.
- Cook until some pieces are starting to brown. Add onion, bell peppers and chestnuts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and simmer on low heat until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated and everything is heated through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves and use the Vietnamese dipping sauce after you wrap chicken.
- ¼ cup peanuts crushed.
- Bibb lettuce or young mustard green for peppery flavor
FOR THE ADVENTUROUS
NOTE: This recipe I retrieved from cooking light. It was an article about probiotics and improving your gut. I have not tried this recipe yet but I’m excited to try. Do not try this at home if you are not familiar with fermenting. I am not responsible for persons who may get sick from this recipe.
- 6 Kirby cucumbers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. Gochujang ( Korean red chili paste)
- 1 tbsp. minced peeled ginger
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp palm sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Fish sauce (3 crab)
- 1 c water
- Toss together cucumbers and salt in a medium bowl. Let stand for 20 minutes, rinse and drain well.
- Mix oil, gochujang , ginger, garlic, sugar, fish sauce in a bowl. Add cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Play‘s cucumber mixture in a mason jar. press down cucumbers firmly, leaving 4 inches of headspace. Place one cup of water in a small Ziploc plastic bag and seal bag. Place inside a second Ziploc bag and seal. Place bags and cucumbers and seal the lid. You may have to let out some water or add water to fill the gap. Let stand at room temperature seven days, opening and resealing lid once per day. Discard water bags before serving.